Mar 11, 2016
Did you know tile roofing is the most popular roof system in the Valley? There are many reasons to choose a tile roof, here are our top 5.
1. Long Term Durability: Tile roofs have been used for centuries providing the longest track record of performance and durability compared to other roofing materials such as asphalt shingles. They can sustain high winds, freezing cold or burning hot tempatures.
2. Long Lasting Protection: Most modern tiles are made of concrete. These type of tiles are engineered to last the lifetime of the structure. Which by far exceeds most other roofing materials. After a new instillation a tile roof can last 30+ years if installed properly.
3. Economical: Tile roofing is the most cost-effective choice due not only to their lifespan but unlike other types of roofing materials they can be reused! In roofing terms this is called a Tile R&R (remove & replace) Where the original tiles are removed the underlayment etc is replaced and the original tiles are replaced back on the roof.
4. Require Limited Maintenance: Although all roofing systems require some maintenance, tile roofs require much less maintenance then other types of roofing systems. Keep any trees or debris from falling on them and the penetrations sealed and that there are no broken or cracked tiles and your good to go!
5. Available in a Variety of Styles & Colors: Manafacturers have created roof tiles in a large array of colors, sizes and shapes to suite any taste and architectural style. From round to flat they can be manafactured to virtually limitless posibilities. Additionally, new technology has integrated solar panels into the tiles themselves making them energy efficient.
As you can see there are many reasons for choosing a tile roof, from cost to durability to ease of maintenance a tile roofing system just may be the best way to protect your home and family. Looking for more information or to have a tile roof evulated visit our roofing page for more info.